Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ovulation Mystery

Yikes! I might have missed my ovulation date this cycle!

I went in for my u/s scan yesterday, which was CD16 and the scan was inconclusive. Dr.NeverGiveUp said that the follicles looked unclear, which may indicate that I might have just ovulated. WHAT? The odds of that is pretty low, considering my history of no-show eggs or extremely late ovulation. So if I did ovulate this early, it's quite a shocker!

I POAS today, CD17, to see if there is an LH surge on the OPK. Well, the test line is almost as dark as the control line. This could mean 2 things - the LH is building up and I will ovulate soon, or that I am catching the tail end of the surge. Aaarghh! Wish I knew which it was! My BBT has also been pretty low all this cycle. I am to go in on Friday to have another scan to reevaluate where I'm at. Hopefully we'll know what's happening then.

Right now I am so confused. But still hopeful.


3 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

I loth OPT...I can't ever really tell if the first line is as dark as the test line. I hope you didn't miss O...

Gurlee said...

I hope you didn't miss it but wow, you are stsrting to have what looks like a, dare I say it, regular cycle! Now, go put you ramped up libido to good use.

Mad Hatter said...

Hmmm...I remember once Dr. Lovely said that one of my follicles looked fuzzy and that meant that it was about to start growing - I hope that is the case for yours and why they appeared to be unclear. When I have ovulated, Dr. Lovely has no trouble seeing on the scan that the follicle has ruptured. Keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle!
Love,
Maddy